How do I apply for a postdoc position at Caltech?
- The Division of Biology and Biological Engineering is a vibrant, interdisciplinary research community with postdoctoral scholars from around the world. If you are interested in joining this community as a postdoctoral scholar, please directly contact the faculty member with whom you wish to work.
I'm applying for a fellowship that requires Caltech signatures. Who signs these?
- Coordinate with your faculty sponsor's grant manager.
I received a fellowship. Do I need to do anything to process the funds?
- Yes. Please let your faculty sponsor's grant manager and Stefany Nielsen in the BBE Postdoctoral Scholars Program know about your fellowship as soon as possible. They will need a copy of your official award letter, any specifications on your institutional allowance, and the budget.
Does the department provide travel funds?
- Unfortunately, no. If you are interested in travelling to a conference, you will need to request funds from your faculty sponsor or another source.
How do I fill out my tax forms?
- Around tax time, the Caltech Office of International Students and Scholars will send out an email notification to all nonresident postdocs informing them about upcoming tax workshops and providing information on tax assistance that is available to them.
What do I need to do when my postdoc appointment is over?
- Contact Stefany Nielsen in BBE Postdoctoral Scholars Program at least 30 days prior to your last day so that she can process a Departing Faculty Arrangements form.
What Academic seminars occur in the BBE division? How do I get on the mailing list for these seminars?
- All students, postdocs, and staff can sign up for BBEmail.
Is there a list of Caltech Clubs?